Friday, March 12, 2010

poetry

I was remembering:
I used to come up with poems, while walking.
I can't even remember why I stopped
or when.
Is it my blunted memory,
no longer powerful enough
to remember the lines?
Is it the noise,
the roar of the city
and the clutter in my mind,
and the infinite distractions
carefully crafted
by marketers of every kind?
Or maybe my life is insufficiently tragic
for poetry
now that I am happily married.

Did I write a poem today?


Well.

If so, it is not a very good one.


Maybe the problem is that I know I don't have the time to properly edit them and want to spare myself the pain of poor poems!

4 comments:

juicemilk said...

LOL! I hope your life is "insufficiently tragic!"

-A said...

It does seem to be! Romantic unrest is such a good inspiration for poetry. I guess there are others though. Maybe I'll get back to it, some day.

the warrior bard said...

Maybe someday you'll have the convenience of turbulent emotions and unrest. Until then, you'll just have to endure this passing phase of good cheer.

-A said...

Yes, hopefully I'll make it through. ;)