Thursday, October 22, 2009

a bit about work

I got my second monthly update since I've been on maternity leave the other day. It sounds like things continue to change at work, and now even my job has been changing without me. It makes me edgy. I really liked the company before it started changing, and it's hard to see where the changing is going. Some of the new things put me off, though, which makes me regard the whole changing thing with suspicion.

However, I can only do so much about it, and I think I've determined that I have to do my best to go with it and figure out more things to do, actually, to make it work well. I have this strange fear that they'll downgrade my hard-won title of "administrative assistant" back to "receptionist", and then not even ask me if I want the job or not. I wouldn't like that. I don't really think they'd do that, but what do I know anymore? So I will want to come up with plenty of useful things to do, I think, especially since some of the things I was doing are apparently not my job anymore, or at least, not in the same way they were.

I guess I'll learn more about that when I get back to work, which won't be until November 9. So at work I get to be happy with change. For now, I get to be happy staying at home with my family, which is easy. I love it.

I was trying to find a quote from the Baha'i writings to go with the post. It is something like: "If in the course of events, things happen in contradiction to your most cherished desires, it is of no consequence." I know there is a quote like this. If you can tell me where to find it, I will be most grateful. Anyway, it seemed relevant in terms of what happens at work, and also, I just like it.

Why do I spend time thinking about things like this when I'm off work for eleven weeks? I guess I'm preparing. I like to be prepared. I always wanted to be a boy scout instead of a girl scout, but that is a different story.

1 comment:

-A said...

I suddenly felt the need to clarify that I don't take the "of no consequence" bit to mean that I am (or other individuals are) unimportant, but more that God has a better plan than we do. Kind of like my other post I guess. Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks for reading.