Wednesday, August 25, 2010

dialing back

I feel like dialing back a little. I've been pushing hard in life. I was pushing hard even before I started pushing harder, when I got my new job, the committee appointment, and whatever else. Suddenly, though, tonight, I feel like trying a little less intensely, and like that is ok. I'm not sure if it's true. Maybe the cooler weather has something to do with this. I'll have to keep on the alert as I look for spaces in my quietly action-packed life to relax a little, in case letting things slide a little turns out to be a bad idea. What I really need to do is let loose a little bit without actually accomplishing any less. Has anybody ever figured out how to do that? If so, feel free to let me know.

p.s. Happy birthday to my sweet baby who is one year old today! She has been such a gift in my life, and I am so, so grateful.

No comments: